<International Film Submission for 24th Seoul Human Rights Film Festival>
Submission for human rights films to be screened at the 24th Seoul Human Rights Film Festival
￭ 국내작 공모는 다음 링크로 이동해주세요. 한국어로 작성할 수 있습니다. http://bit.ly/24SHRFFsubK
￭ Submission Form Accessibility Guide
The online entry application page(http://bit.ly/24SHRFFsubEN) you can fill out an online entry form for the 24th Seoul Human Rights Film Festival in 2020. If you are having trouble filling out this application through the Google Form, please contact the Seoul Human Rights Film Festival (+ 82-2-313-2407, firstname.lastname@example.org). We will make it easier for applicants to complete entry forms through more convenient methods and forms.
￭ Information on single(individual) and group entries
Both single(individual) and group entries are available on the online entry application page. For group entries, you can download and submit a "Group Entry Form" through this page.
■ Applicants are required to keep a copy of this entry form by submitting an email address in the box below.
1. Films that provide insight into human rights issues.
2. All genres including fiction, documentary, animation and experimental film can be accepted.
3. Film selection criteria are based on artistic completion and, above all, sincerity in dealing with human rights issues, irrespective of genre, format and length.
4. The year of film completion has to be either 2018 or 2019.
5. SHRFF responds to the calls of Palestinians and joins the BDS movement against Israel. Any film commissioned or funded by an official Israeli body or non-Israeli institution that serves Brand Israel or similar propaganda purposes regardless of the contents of the film will not be accepted. See details on BDS movement and Palestinian Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel: https://bdsmovement.net/pacbi
￭ The 24th Seoul Human Rights Film Festival will be held in June, 2020.
1. International film submission deadline: 21, Feb, 2020.
2. Entry fee: no entry fee is charged.
3. Online entry application page: http://bit.ly/24SHRFFsubEN
4. Both entry form and screener must be sent by the deadline.
5. Only online links for previewing is accepted. The streaming of a film must be free of charge, the number of previewing must not be limited and the film must be available till the opening day of SHRFF which is supposed to be June, 2020.
6. Every film is recommended to have english subtitles burnt regardless of its original language. If it is not available, a full english script must be submitted together with the screener. Deaf and hard of hearing or blind and visually impaired people may participate in the judging process.
1. The selected films will be announced by early March 2020 on the web page of SHRFF and each submitter of the selected film will be informed via each email.
2. For each selected film, the submitter or the filmmaker will be asked to provide;
￭ subtitles and dialogue transcription of the film in both original language(s) and English. The transcription must be identical to the screening copy. It is recommended to contain music and sound information not only dialogue.
￭ stills from the film
￭ a photo and filmography of the director
￭ a trailer and the screening copy/data file. (Files must be in a format of either mov or mp4. SHRFF do not afford to screen DCP, 16mm or 25mm due to the outdoor screening.)
3. For Disability Justice
Every selected film will be screened with Korean Sign Language and Korean subtitles that relate narration and dialogue, music and sound information.
4. Publicity and Archiving
￭ SHRFF can use three minutes of the film for the publicity. If the runtime of the film is under 30 minutes, SHRFF can use 10% of the runtime in maximum.
￭ SHRFF can use the trailer and all publicity materials for publishing catalogue and other promotional purposes.
￭ The final screening copy including KSL and Korean subtitles of each film will be strictly archived in the festival office for research and educational purpose.
￭ Films can be screened at other human rights activism organizations, non-profit organizations or schools in Korea after the festival screening, if the submitter agrees in advance.
￭ Films can be provided for annual or tour screenings for a cultural or human rights activism purposes after the festival screening, if the submitter agrees in advance.
5. Any conditions that have not mentioned above can be discussed between the submitter and SHRFF.
ANY QUESTIONS TO